Technology and education have a strikingly interesting connection. Only the educated could ever bring technology into play in a way it is supposed to be. And when it comes to roping in technological advancements in the field of education, things have truly stepped up in terms of digitisation. Students these days don’t need to seek assignment help in person. They can simply sign up with a reputable academic help platform and get their queries resolved in no time.
This saves them enough time and boosts productivity in the long run. Well, this is only one of the many remarkable contributions of technology in education. So, let’s delve deeper and take a look at the broader picture in this context.
1. AR/VR technology makes learning collaborative
Gone are the days where students would simply read through the textbook pages and complain of the monotony in education and learning. Technological advancements have simply upped the game with each of the following breakthroughs in Augmented and Virtual realities.
- There are apps that can transport students to different places across the world.
- History/archaeology educators are apparently using Unimersiv, an application that transports students to ancient Greece and other places. This opens up a completely different avenue for young minds to explore and learn.
- The Virtual SpeechVR app allows students to hone oratory skills with immersive VR experience, photorealistic environments, and more.
- The young learners get to experience the universe and cosmos upfront with the Apollo 11 VR The documentary style-app allows students to grab the front seat and be a part of significant space expeditions.
- The Anatomy 4Dapp is ideal for the students of Biology. It helps in studying the human body with clear images and real-life experience in terms of the inner systematic functionalities of a human body.
2. A digital classroom is the new face of education
Pertaining to the present day scenario of the pandemic causing utter chaos around the world, the digital classroom is certainly a phenomenon that is here to stay. According to Experts of MyAssignmentHelp, it is predicted that the predominant application of virtual classrooms would increase by a rate of 16.2% by the year 2023. This pretty much sums up the fact that the world of education is gradually embracing such advancements for a better tomorrow.
- Digital classroom learning is considered to be far more interactive and memorable than textbooks and classroom lectures.
- It is said that virtual classroom learning provides better contexts and a greater sense of insights into a plethora of subject matters.
- This, as a result, allows students to better connect with the learning resources and materials such as digitised textbooks, interactive academic quizzes, picture puzzles, and the likes.
- Digital learning in the form of dynamic grouping, workshops, and project-based teaching adds a lot of collaborative elements to the already-existing conventional teaching model.
3. Artificial Intelligence has made its presence felt
According to Forbes magazine, AI and machine learning will be a part of all educational experiences in the near future. More importantly, according to the Artificial Intelligence Market survey report, the use of AI in education will grow by 47.5% from 2017-2021. AI, as a technologically advanced tool, has already started expanding its potential across different areas in academics.
Here’s everything you need to know.
- AI is gradually expanding students’ access to education, academic information, and backing up the young learners to stay connected with their peers from home.
- Many professors are of the opinion that Artificial Intelligence enables the delivery of highly personalised learning for individual students, delivered in smaller groups.
- Apart from that, Artificial Intelligence saves educators from the tremendous time spent on grading homework and exams, analyzing students’ performance, and the likes.
- AI chatbots equipped with Natural Language Progression can answer questions and help students ease their workload twice more efficiently as compared to the manual counterparts.
- Apps such as Third Space Learning and Brainly have already made their presence felt in the domain of AI-powered applications fuelling the modern-day academics.
4. Video learning is one major breakthrough
There might be debates on the affordability factor of AR/VR technologies and Artificial Intelligence in education around the world. However, with video learning advancements fostered by most learners and educators worldwide, things have certainly turned much easier. It’s a known fact that the internet, in today’s world, is no more a luxury. It’s a necessity for every progressive nation.
So, roping in the right video learning methodologies won’t be as difficult as affording AR/VR techs in classrooms. This is rather considered as the ablest alternative to other high-end technological advancements.
Here’s how video learning is changing the face of education.
- Interactive academic lessons delivered via video formats eliminate textbook monotonies and increases learner engagement and participation.
- Even when the whole world is under lockdown, students can still seek academic insights by signing up with a myriad of trusted video learning platforms.
- To name a few, Amazon Education, Cosmo Learning, BrightStormand Coursera get a special mention.
- Video-based learning is said to reduce cognitive overload and maximise the power of retention among students.
- Also, the right video-based learning app would address different learning styles of kinaesthetic, auditory and visual learners.
So, it is quite evident that digital technology has simply changed the game with significant expansions beyond the conventional walls of classroom teaching. Before wrapping up, let’s take a look at key pointers of this blog.
- AR/VR technologies are making education much collaborative from all aspects.
- Digital classroom has proved to be one effective alternative to conventional teaching.
- Artificial Intelligence is undeniably one major breakthrough in the sector of education.
- Video-based learning has apparently become a widely-accepted E-learning trend.
Author Bio: Henry is an academic expert, working on behalf of the platform Assignmenthelp.com.sg. Apart from that, he is a freelance blogger and educator, coming all the way from Serangoon, Singapore.